Saturday, March 30, 2013

Nursing!

It's funny how life is.... when little Princess was born I was determined to Breastfeed her. I thought it would be the easiest thing in the world and that it would just be natural.... boy was I was wrong.... we struggled and struggled, until finally she weaned herself. I felt like a failure at the time, but at least she was getting the nutrition she needed from formula and it took me a while to figure out that I didn't fail..... if I would have never tried, then I would have failed, but I tried and gave her a good start and she is super smart.
When I found out I was pregnant with Little Prince.... I wanted to nurse.... but knew that it might not work out. So I was pleasantly surprised when within the first few minutes after birth he was nursing almost like a pro, and then the devestation came a few days later when we found out we had to supplement with formula until my milk came in due to low blood sugar. But we got through that time and though it hasn't always been easy and there are times that I wish I could let Buzz get up to feed Karsten at night.... I absolutely LOVE the connection Little Prince and I have. He adores his mommy in a way that I don't think Little Princess ever did. (Though she still adored me.... just differently).
Some of the things I LOVE about nursing:
  • How he holds my finger in his when he nurses.
  • The connection we have with each other.
  • The special me and him time!
  • His cute little bird mouth when he is in search of something to suck.
  • The adoration we have for each other.
  • How much money I am saving on formula... (I have not had to spend one single penny of formula for this little boy)
I am sure there are others but these are the main things, life is a little more difficult when you nurse and don't bottlefeed, but it is totally worth it. I am so glad that with both my kids I at least tried! Each one turned out differently, but neither was a failure because I tried. I love both my kids.....they are both my Angels! I learn so much from them and am so glad to call them mine!

Love,
Tt

No comments:

Post a Comment