Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Keeping Busy!


Well, I have definitely been keeping busy lately. I have of course have been taking care of my 2 adorable kiddos. I have been attempting the potty training of Little Princess….. Which I have discovered what so many people have told me that potty training can be frustrating, if your child is not ready. Little Princess is super smart!!! But she is not ready. I keep working on it every day for a few hours but it hasn’t stuck yet…. I know one day she will wake up and decide she is ready and be potty trained and she will just be potty trained.

I have also been working on organizing, it is a long and slow process with 2 kids, but I am getting there and even more important I am getting a big pile of items to either sale or give away.
One of the wonderful things about not having money to go spend on gifts is it forces me to be creative about gifts, so I have been making gifts for various members. I can’t post pictures of all of them now because we don’t want to give away some peoples presents before they have a chance to open them. Here is just one of the gifts that I made:


 


We also have been spending a lot of time weeding and getting our garden ready for planting. It has taken a lot of hours and a lot of patience and we still aren’t done yet. But we have started planting some tomato’s in our home that will be transplanted in a few weeks along with planting the rest of our seeds.
 

I also tried my hand at making laundry soap and I am pretty impressed with how it turned out! It’s not that hard and SUPER CHEAP! It really helps the budget and I like to know that I am helping our cause of saving money.
 

We have been making monthly menus and being super good about sticking to them. It’s interesting to see what we can do when we are forced to do it.

I am also helping plan my sister-in-laws baby shower for May which I am super excited about since the last baby shower I thought I was going to be able to plan I didn’t get to plan. We are also making plans for Karsten’s 1st birthday party!

I love keeping busy and even though I am exhausted I am glad I am able to keep busy and feel like I am accomplishing something. Now if I could get the kids to spend less time in front of the TV and if I could be better about keeping my house clean…. I would feel pretty good about myself. Anywho…. Until next time!

 

Love,

TT

1 comment:

  1. Good work! I'm always impressed with people who can do crafty things as presents, since that is definitely NOT my talent. I'm so proud of you for sticking to your goals. It's hard work, but you're an inspiration. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete